Code of Ethics
These principles of professional conduct are to guide AFRDS members in relationships with clients and with other members of this industry. A condition of membership within the Association involves a willingness to be guided by the statements that constitute this present Code of Ethics or any subsequent revisions. These ethical guidelines shall be made public so that their tenets may be shared, reacted to and evaluated by all persons associated with the industry.
- We, as members of the Association of Fund-Raising Distributors & Suppliers, will be guided in all of our activities by truth, accuracy, fairness and the highest integrity.
- We will, at all times, provide quality products and quality professional services that ensure maximum effectiveness for our clients' investment of time and money.
- We will keep fully informed of the latest techniques, developments and knowledge that pertain to the industry's effectiveness.
- We will utilize every opportunity to enhance the public image and the growth of the industry as a professional service.
- We shall not use our membership in the Association or official positions within the Association in any manner that would suggest the seeking of unwarranted financial gain or unwarranted benefits, advantages or privileges for ourselves.
- We accept this Code of Ethics as a condition of membership in this Association. As professionals, we share the responsibility for the impact of our activities with all sectors served by the industry.
- We signify our agreement by membership in this Association that standards must be maintained that are acceptable to ALL segments of the industry, from the suppliers to users of the products and services provided.
We pledge to maintain these standards.